The Hemlocks Center Pool will close on May 1st and re-open in September
We look forward to seeing you then!
For registration please call: 860-228-0393 ext: 4068
or email: Jillian.McCarthy@OakHillCT.org
or visit: The Hemlocks Center 85 Jones Street, Amston, CT 06231
Click the link below to register for open swim:
- All swimmers must shower thoroughly with soap before entering the pool.
- Any person having a skin disease, cold, nasal or ear discharge, or communicable disease, will not be permitted in the pool.
- Spitting, blowing the nose, and urinating in the pool is prohibited.
- Running, boisterous or rough play (except supervised water sports) is prohibited.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety of their children. All children under the age of thirteen must be accompanied by an adult. All children under the age of ten and all who are non-swimmers must have a supervising adult, dressed appropriately for swimming, in close proximity at all times unless the child is participating in scheduled swimming lessons.
- Diving is prohibited. Only standing front facing jumps are allowed from the pool deck. (No backward jumps, flips, or trick jumps from the pool deck allowed.)
- No food, gum, candy, drink or any glass container is allowed in the pool area. Chewing gum while swimming is not permitted.
- Hanging from the lane line dividers is not allowed.
- Non-swimmers may use only approved Personal Flotation Devices and then only in the presence of an adult within arms-length. (If in doubt regarding your PFD’s acceptability, please ask the lifeguard.) Training equipment (kick boards, pull buoys, etc.) are for workout use only, not recreational/play use. (Serious injuries can result from accidents caused by swimmers jumping onto kickboards or other floating objects and hitting heads on side of pool, other swimmers, etc.).
- The use of masks and snorkels is only allowed by trained users age thirteen and older.
- Individuals that require assistance in or out of the water must be accompanied by someone able to assist them in dressing/undressing, showering, and entering/exiting the pool. For safety reasons, lifeguards and front desk staff are prohibited from leaving their posts to assist with these functions except in the case of operating the pool lift.
- Individuals who are not toilet trained should wear a diaper/brief specifically designed for swimming. Regular disposable diapers/ briefs are prohibited.
- All injuries occurring on the premises must be immediately reported to the lifeguard or staff member on duty.
- Enforcement of rules is subject to the lifeguards' discretion. Rules are subject to change without prior written notice. Management reserves the right to eject anyone who fails to comply with these safety rules.
Need help? We are here for you!