*COVID-19 screenings will be performed upon arrival, including temperature checks and questions regarding symptoms and exposure. If you are experiencing any symptoms, entry to the facility will be prohibited and a full refund will be issued.
POOL UPDATE: The Hemlocks Center pool will be closed effective immediately due to a facility safety concern in the pool area. There have been no injuries, we are closing proactively to address this issue. Luckily, this is not virus related, with no cause for concern if you have visited the pool recently.
Work will begin as soon as possible, but unfortunately, it is not known at this time how long the pool will need to be closed for. We will e mail updates as they become available.
If you have a punch pack, no changes will be made to your account. Punches do not expire and you can resume using them once we reopen.
If you have a package, it will be extended to account for the length of the shut down.
Please know every effort was made to personally contact every patron on the schedule for the remainder of the day today, and tomorrow to allow time for folks to receive e mail notification. We strongly encourage you to add a phone number to your account if you do not already have one so we can reach you in situations such as this. Some voicemail boxes were full as well and would not allow us to leave a message.
Should you have additional questions or concerns, you can reach us at 860-228-0393 ext. 4068.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding during this unavoidable closing done so for your safety and apologize for any inconvenience.
The Hemlocks Center Team
Register Here: https://Hemlockscenterpool.ezfacility.com
3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday - Sunday
9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Sessions include 1 hour of pool time and
15 minutes (maximum) in the locker room
- Patrons can check in no more than 5
minutes before their scheduled session
Click Here For: The Hemlocks Center Pool Flier
Questions? Please contact Camp Director, Jillian McCarthy at Jillian.McCarthy@oakhillct.org or call 860-228-0393 ext: 4068
- All swimmers must shower thoroughly with soap before entering the pool.
- Any person having a skin disease, cold, nasal or ear discharge, or communicable disease, will not be permitted in the pool.
- Spitting, blowing the nose, and urinating in the pool is prohibited.
- Running, boisterous or rough play (except supervised water sports) is prohibited.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety of their children. All children under the age of thirteen must be accompanied by an adult. All children under the age of ten and all who are non-swimmers must have a supervising adult, dressed appropriately for swimming, in close proximity at all times unless the child is participating in scheduled swimming lessons.
- Diving is prohibited. Only standing front facing jumps are allowed from the pool deck. (No backward jumps, flips, or trick jumps from the pool deck allowed.)
- No food, gum, candy, drink or any glass container is allowed in the pool area. Chewing gum while swimming is not permitted.
- Hanging from the lane line dividers is not allowed.
- Non-swimmers may use only approved Personal Flotation Devices and then only in the presence of an adult within arms-length. (If in doubt regarding your PFD’s acceptability, please ask the lifeguard.) Training equipment (kick boards, pull buoys, etc.) are for workout use only, not recreational/play use. (Serious injuries can result from accidents caused by swimmers jumping onto kickboards or other floating objects and hitting heads on side of pool, other swimmers, etc.).
- The use of masks and snorkels is only allowed by trained users age thirteen and older.
- Individuals that require assistance in or out of the water must be accompanied by someone able to assist them in dressing/undressing, showering, and entering/exiting the pool. For safety reasons, lifeguards and front desk staff are prohibited from leaving their posts to assist with these functions except in the case of operating the pool lift.
- Individuals who are not toilet trained should wear a diaper/brief specifically designed for swimming. Regular disposable diapers/ briefs are prohibited.
- All injuries occurring on the premises must be immediately reported to the lifeguard or staff member on duty.
- Enforcement of rules is subject to the lifeguards' discretion. Rules are subject to change without prior written notice. Management reserves the right to eject anyone who fails to comply with these safety rules.