Update regarding Residential Summer Camp 2023: The immense struggle with staffing continues to be a disappointing reality. After exhausting all potential possibilities to host residential camp at Oak Hill’s two camp locations this summer, we regret to share Camp Harkness and Camp Hemlocks will not run residential camp for the summer of 2023. It is our hope and intention to resume traditional residential camping for the summer of 2024.
In an effort to provide accessible, family friendly activities to our campers, camper families and the community THIS SUMMER and year-round, we will be offering alternative recreational opportunities at both camp facilities and on the road! Please be sure to check out all the exciting new ways we are trying to support our community under the Recreation Tab on our website. Let us know what you might be interested in!
Camp Harkness provides a week-long overnight summer camp for adults or children with disabilities.
Our camp is a fun and safe place for campers with similar needs, activity interests and social interests, to come together. Our trained staff will provide a supportive environment where our campers have opportunities to:
- Experience new leisure activities or enhance skills in areas in which you already feel successful
- Develop a positive and confident self image
- Make new friends or get together with old friends
- Build enduring friendships and a lasting network of support
- Participate in guided activities designed to enhance leadership, self-advocacy, and team building skills.
- Gain independence
At Camp Harkness we strive, above all, to provide a fun and positive environment where our campers feel accepted and successful.
Want to learn more about either camp? Contact Us:
Jillian McCarthy, Camp Director
Phone: 860-228-0393 Ext. 4068